A simple nourishing vegetarian soup to cleanse and restore your body. Can be cooked in Instant Pot or simmered all day in a slow cooker. (Times noted are with Instant Pot)
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 27g
Dietary Fiber 7g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 quarts water
- 1 medium yellow onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 small leek, very thinly sliced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced 1/4" on the diagonal
- 4 ribs of celery, peeled (remove stringy back of rib) and sliced 1/4" on the diagonal
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 beet root, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 large handful parsley, chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Add all ingredients to your soup pot.
- For stove top: bring to a boil and simmer 1-2 hours.
- For Instant Pot: set on soup setting for 20 minutes; allow to cool completely down til there is no steam to release.
- For slow cooker: add all ingredients, set on low and simmer 8-10 hours.
- If a vegetarian broth is desired, simply strain broth from veggies. You can also add 1 diced zucchini and a 1-2 cups of sliced mushrooms, if desired.
- This detox broth is also perfect for helping the digestive system feel better following an illness.
- Note that there is no sauteing in oil or seasoning added; salt and pepper can be added to this delicious soup as desired when not enjoying as a detox soup.
Kat Maeda http://katmaeda.com/