Can you summarize the involvement that will be required of me in this 12-week program?
The FOHE Program contains six (6) modules that will be delivered over 12 weeks. Each module will be covered in two parts over a two-week period, starting with a live, interactive webinar “class” the first week. Part 2 of each module will be delivered the next week. Live, participatory webinars will be facilitated every two weeks.
What are the live webinar “class” dates?
Part 1 of Modules 1-6 will begin with the Spring 2018 FOHE live webinar class dates listed below. Live interactive webinar sessions will be held via Zoom! Part 2 of each respective module will be delivered via the Ruzuku eLearning platform and interactive discussion posts the week following your live class.
Be sure to mark your calendar for these Tuesdays at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time:
April 10 and April 24
May 8 and May 22
June 5 and June 19
What is Ruzuku?
Ruzuku is an online, highly interactive classroom/elearning platform. You will receive your course materials, handouts, videos, “Take Action” activities, and other materials via Ruzuku. It is here where you will ask questions, respond to module questions, become involved in discussions, and seek support when you need it. You’ll have your own unique login and password and will set up your own profile.
Is there additional reading and/or homework?
Yes. The FOHE program provides an abundance of materials. It’s also a self-paced program so the extra educational tools you’ll receive can be accessed on your own schedule. There are discussion posts with each module and suggested “Take Action” activities to help you move forward toward your personal goals.
Does the FOHE program provide a diet or recommended meal plans to follow?
No. FOHE is not a prescribed diet. Rather, it is about helping participants cultivate a mindful way of eating, a whole foods FOCUS and approach to nutrition, and a fostering of lifestyle changes that support enhanced health, well-being, and abundant living. You will, however, learn how to plan simple, healthy menus and will be provided sample menu guides using some of the recipes in the FOHE Recipe eBook to get you going.
What benefits can I expect from participating in the FOHE program?
As with any educational program, results will vary per individual and will be largely dependent on the participant’s active involvement, commitment, and completion of program activities. Again, this program is not a diet and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or heal any disease or illness. Nor, are medical or nutritional assessments/recommendations included. If you have a health condition, please seek medical advice from your professional, licensed healthcare practitioner.
That being said, your program facilitators, as well as your program peers will commit to helping you:
- Restore energy and cultivate inner wellbeing
- Achieve vibrant health
- Break free from the dieting mentality
- Learn how to exchange fast food or processed foods for whole foods
- Reduce food anxieties and develop a healthy relationship with the food you eat
- Develop strategies to manage stress or emotional eating
- Learn how to practice self-care
- Cultivate mindful eating and healthy weight management strategies for LIFE!
Will I get a certificate for participating in the Focus on Healthy Eating program?
Yes! You’ll receive a beautiful FOHE certificate upon completion of the following requirements:
- Participation in 4 of the 6 live webinars. They will be recorded, so if you have to miss a session, you can still earn credit for that “class” by submitting a two paragraph summary of key learnings and take-aways to your Facilitator within 5 days of the respective webinar.
- Participation in weekly module discussion posts within the Ruzuku learning platform.
Discussion questions are to help participants learn and support each other – there are no grades!)
- Participation in and completion of Module “Take Action” activities.
- Completion of the above program requirements by July 15, 2018.
Is there a money back guarantee?
Yes! We have a 14-day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with or do not find value with the FOHE program by the end of the first module (i.e. first two weeks of the program), you can ask for a full refund! Just send an email with your request to your Facilitator and a brief summary of why the program is not working for you.