Mushroom Sampler Soup
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 41g
Dietary Fiber 12g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 ½ lbs. sampler mushrooms: clamshells, brown clamshells, maitake, trumpet, crimini, dried shitake*
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 leeks, cleaned thoroughly and chopped white and light green parts only
- 2-3 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic small to medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- Parsley springs for garnish
- Clean and roughly chop mushrooms; set aside
- In large pot, heat olive oil and sauté leeks and shallots slowly until tender but not browned. Add minced garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until soft and mushrooms begin to release liquid.
- Add veggie broth and thyme. Turn heat up, cover and bring to boil; turn down heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Reserve about 1/4 cup mushrooms for garnish.
- With immersion blender, blend until rough consistency.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Add coconut milk and stir to blend.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with parsley springs and reserved mushrooms.
- *soak dried shitake mushrooms in cold water at least 20 minutes; reserve water (except for residue at bottom) to add to broth.
Kat Maeda http://katmaeda.com/