Basil Kissed Cauliflower & Zucchinni Soup
Delicious and satisfying, this cauliflower based soup is paired with zucchini and kissed with fresh basil...cauliflower is known for its benefit to boosts both brain and heart health, helps fight cancer, is anti-inflammatory, is an important source of dietary fiber, and helps your body detoxify!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 51g
Saturated Fat 26g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrates 94g
Dietary Fiber 31g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek sliced and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium zucchinis ends trimmed and chopped
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 4 cups low sodium veggie broth
- 1/3 cup packed basil leaves
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coarsely chop zucchini.
- Heat oil in pot and add onion, leek and garlic
- Sauté until fragrant and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped zucchini and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Partially cover and simmer soup for about 15 minutes.
- Add the basil leaves.
- Purée soup with basil in 2 batches in high speed blender or use an immersion wand.
- Add more broth as needed.
- Check seasoning, bring back to the pot and stir in the coconut milk.
- Serve with thinly sliced basil leaves
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/