Rosemary White Bean Soup
Soothing white bean soup with sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and spinach.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 24g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato scrubbed and diced (do not peel)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes (PBA free can)
- 1 15 oz. white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (PBA free can)
- 1 48 oz carton vegetable broth
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped (about 1 heaping tablespoon)
- 1 bay leaf
- Celtic salt to taste
- Fresh pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in soup pot on low; when hot add chopped onion and saute until soft.
- Add minced garlic, stirring several minutes to release fragrance
- Add tomatoes, rosemary, bay leaf, chopped potatoes, beans, and vegetable broth.
- Increase heat to medium high with cover; when soup begins to boil, turn down heat and simmer until potatoes almost fork tender - about 12 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach, salt, and pepper. Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with corn bread and a side salad.
- Note: Rosemary promotes mental clarity and has long been used in tonics as a pick-me-up for depression, feeling mentally drained, or nervous.
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/