Autumn Kissed Cream of Broccoli Soup
Vegan version cream of broccoli soup with a hint of rosemary.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 716
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 84g
Saturated Fat 16g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat 48g
Total Carbohydrates 287g
Dietary Fiber 33g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 large crowns broccoli with stems (peel woody fiber from stems with potato peeler); slice stems in 1/2" slices up to small branches of broccoli flowers
- 6 fingerling sweet potatoes or 2 small sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 1/2 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1 Tbsp. fresh, finely chopped rosemary
- 78 oz. vegetable broth (about 2 1/2 32 oz. cartons)
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 cup soaked, rinsed raw cashews
- 1. Soak raw cashews at least 45 minutes to one hour or longer in cold water. Meanwhile prepare and cook soup.
- 2. Saute onion in 1 Tbsp. olive oil until soft. Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute. Add remaining chopped vegetables, seasonings and vegetable broth in large Dutch oven. Bring to boil; turn down heat and simmer 20-25 minutes until broccoli steams and potatoes are tender.
- 3. Add juice of lemon and rinsed raw cashews.
- 4. Using hand held blender, such as a Cuisinart wand, blend until soup is creamed. May alternatively cream in Vitamix or blender - be careful with very hot liquid and steam to avoid burns.
- 5. Taste to correct seasonings, if desired.
- 6. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary. Serve with warm herbed gluten free bread or sweet corn bread (organic, of course!)
- Freezes and reheats well.
- Vegan, gluten-free, detox, lunch or supper
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/