Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 505
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 57g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 40g
Total Carbohydrates 116g
Dietary Fiber 22g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup black-eyed peas
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- Rinse and drain beans.
- Add beans and water into a pressure cooker and bring to pressure. Cook for 30 minutes.
- If cooking in a pot, bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and cook until soft for about 1 hour.
- Drain beans.
- The dressing: whisk together mustard, lime juice, vinegar, salt and oil in a bowl.
- In a large bowl combine beans, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Prep Note: Bean soaking time is 4-8 hours
By Kat Maeda
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/
GO TO YOUR FAVOURITE TOPIC:
Be sure to check your Junk or Spam folder for your confirmation email after you submit to accept your subscription. We respect your email privacy.