Blueberry Grain Free Porridge
Make-ahead, stick-to-your ribs grain free porridge - a great alternative to oatmeal for those who can't eat grains or gluten.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1038
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 124g
Saturated Fat 25g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 72g
Monounsaturated Fat 21g
Total Carbohydrates 135g
Dietary Fiber 77g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground Garam Marsala
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and flax seeds to food processor, blender or coffee grinder. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir or pulse slightly to mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Store dry mixture in air tight glass jar or PBA free container.
Individual serving directions
- For each serving heat 3/4 cup favorite unsweetened nut milk in small saucepan. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Place rounded 1/2 cup of dry blueberry grain free porridge mixture into bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup cold or hot nut milk of choice and stir to blend thoroughly.
- Add an additional 1/4 cup milk over the top of porridge.
- Per serving, you will need 3/4 cup favorite unsweetened nut milk, such as almond, hemp, light coconut or rice milk plus 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Milk can be warmed on chilly mornings.
- Substitute allspice or ginger in place of Garam Marsala
- Substitute raisins or currants for dried blueberries.
- Delicious topped with sliced bananas.
By Kat Maeda
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/
GO TO YOUR FAVOURITE TOPIC:
Be sure to check your Junk or Spam folder for your confirmation email after you submit to accept your subscription. We respect your email privacy.