Carrot Cake Loaf
Dense, moist, and flavorful, this carrot cake will be a hit every time you make it!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2665
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 302g
Saturated Fat 42g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 187g
Monounsaturated Fat 59g
Total Carbohydrates 761g
Dietary Fiber 23g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup Bob's Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup Spelt flour
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon each: baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each: cloves, nutmeg
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup organic safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- Icing (optional)
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soft butter (can easily substitute with Miyoko's vegan butter)
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- lemon zest (half a small lemon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly oil a 9x5" loaf pan; line bottom with parchment paper
- In mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and blend well to mix
- Add oil, carrots, vanilla, and eggs
- Beat on medium-high until mixture is well blended
- Pour into prepared loaf pan
- Bake for 90 minutes; test center of loaf with a toothpick, which will be clean if loaf is finished in the middle.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes before removing and placing on wire racks to cool.
While cooling prepare icing
- Mix 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons soft butter/vegan butter and squeezes of lemon juice until mixture is smooth and spreadable.
- While loaf is still warm, ice or glaze the top of the loaf.
- Sprinkle top with grated lemon zest
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into 12 crosswise slices.*
- Store loaf in refrigerator in airtight container.
- Tip: use a food processor to make grating carrots a snap!
- This recipe is easily doubled without effort. I always make two and store the second in the freezer or give as a gift.
- *To serve on platter for a buffet as pictured, slice 10 slices crosswise and then halve the slices. This will serve 20 and is also a great way to just have bite and will save you some calories!
- Arrange on serving platter and garnish with fresh berries and peppermint sprigs.
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/