Chipotle Chicken Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 489
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 57g
Saturated Fat 9g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 33g
Total Carbohydrates 116g
Dietary Fiber 57g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed to small bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbs olive or coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped red, yellow or orange pepper
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup fresh chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1 ripe avocados, cubed
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp chipotle or chili powder
- Pinch of pepper and sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 large leaves romaine or bibb lettuce
- Heat oil on medium high heat. When hot, add cubes of chicken breast.
- Saute, turning once, until done and chicken is no longer pink in the center of cubes. Transfer to large bowl and let cool.
While chicken cubes are cooling, chop vegetables
- When chicken is cool, add chopped pepper, celery and spinach leaves and minced garlic.
- Mix well with a large fork.
- In small bowl, mash together the cubed avocado and lemon juice; pour over chicken and vegetable mixture, stirring and mashing until chicken and veggies are well coated.
- Sprinkle the chipotle or chili powder, the pepper and sea salt over the top and toss well.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or a bed of chopped lettuce. Garnish each servings with 5 cherry tomatoes each.
- Chicken mixture is also a great sandwich filling. Serve on chibata bread, with sliced tomatoes, lettuce, mustard.
By Kat Maeda
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/
GO TO YOUR FAVOURITE TOPIC:
Be sure to check your Junk or Spam folder for your confirmation email after you submit to accept your subscription. We respect your email privacy.