Cranberry Almond Gluten-Free Biscotti
Crunchy biscotti perfect with coffee or tea, to serve to company, or give as a gift.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 797
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 94g
Saturated Fat 12g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 23g
Monounsaturated Fat 52g
Total Carbohydrates 410g
Dietary Fiber 27g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup chopped, slivered, or sliced almonds
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 pure almond extract
- 2 1/4 cup Pamela's All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea or celtic salt
- 1/c cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour almonds onto a cookie sheet and spread in even layer. Toast about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Coarsely chop nuts and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Meanwhile, combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir to evenly blend.
- In large mixing bowl, beat the eggs; stir in extracts.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture while mixer is beating to combine all ingredients until dough starts to come together.
- Stir in cranberries and chopped almonds with a wooden spoon to evenly blend. Use hands to work together until you have a dough you can mold.
Shape and cut biscotti
- On a very lightly floured board, shape dough into a flattened log about 3" wide x 14" long. Transfer to a silicone (or lightly greased) cookie sheet.
- Bake in 300 degree oven for about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven (don't turn oven off) and let partially baked biscotti dough rest about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board and slice into 1/2" wide diagonal pieces.
- Return the pieces "standing" (so cut sides are exposed) to cookie sheet.
- Bake an additional 20-30 minutes until sides are dry.
- Delicious dunked in tea, organic coffee or hot cocoa.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before storing in airtight containers.
- These make lovely gifts arranged in a decorative jar and tied with a ribbon during the holidays or anytime!
- "Cup 4 Cup" gluten free flour may also be used. If you are not gluten sensitive, regular whole all-purpose flour can be substituted.
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/