Autumn Kissed Cream of Broccoli Soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 716
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 84g
Saturated Fat 16g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat 48g
Total Carbohydrates 287g
Dietary Fiber 33g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 large crowns broccoli Peel woody fiber from stems with potato peeler; slice stems in 1/2
- 6 fingerling sweet potatoes (or 2 small sweet potatoes), chopped
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 1/2 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary fresh, finely chopped
- 78 oz. broth (vegetable or chicken, as desired) (about 2 1/2 32 oz. cartons)
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked and rinsed
- Soak raw cashews at least 45 minutes to one hour or longer in cold water. Meanwhile prepare and cook soup.
- Saute onion in 1 Tbsp. olive oil until soft.
- Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add remaining chopped vegetables, seasonings and vegetable broth in large Dutch oven.
- Bring to boil
- Turn down heat and simmer 20-25 minutes until broccoli steams and potatoes are tender.
- Add juice of lemon and rinsed raw cashews.
- Using hand held blender, such as a Cuisinart wand, blend until soup is creamed. May alternatively cream in Vitamix or blender – be careful with very hot liquid and steam to avoid burns.
- Taste to correct seasonings, if desired.
- Garnish with a spring of rosemary.
- Serve with warm herbed gluten free bread or sweet corn bread (organic, of course!).
- Prep Note: Soak raw cashews in cold water at least 30 minutes, rinse before adding to soup during last stage of preparation.
- This easily serves 6-8 people. Stores well in Mason Jars in refrigerator 2-3 days or can be frozen.
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/