OMG have you ever pulled that cute little black dress or your favorite skinny jeans out of the closet to wear out to dinner only to discover it fits nice – well almost nice, except for the tummy bulge? Yep! It’s happened to me too and not because I had put on any weight but because of bloat! Being bloated can be caused by a number of things and causes our system to bog down.
Facilitating the elimination from our large intestine and the bowels can help get rid of toxic “dead weight” that is bogging down our body and contributing to the battle of the bulge. What to do? Move it!
It’s important to love your tummy from the inside so it not only feels better, but looks better on the outside! With Valentine’s Day coming up, we want to look our best for our sweetheart, enjoy our meal and be comfortable, so here are a few things you can do to help “move things along”:
- Drink fresh juice of carrot and apple to aid colon detox
- Drink a cup of warm water with 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, first thing in the morning – it is very alkalinizing and cleansing
- Ensure adequate intake of dietary fiber – fruits, vegetables, whole grains, flaxseed, wheat bran, psyllium husk
- Eat foods rich in prebiotics and probiotics
- Exercise regularly – movement helps peristalsis
- Do yoga poses such as twisting and cat-cow to massage the digestive organs
A detox with an elimination diet can help you discover which foods are causing your bloat. Just 7 days of delicious detoxifying seasonal food will start you on the journey to a flatter belly, more energy, less inflammation, improved sleep and more….check out what a 7 day seasonal whole food detox is all about by clicking on the 7 Day Detox on the menu panel to your left!
GO TO YOUR FAVOURITE TOPIC:
Be sure to check your Junk or Spam folder for your confirmation email after you submit to accept your subscription. We respect your email privacy.