Nourishing Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
A delicious high protein, high fiber breakfast that will keep your tummy happy and you going all morning long!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 medjool date, pit removed and minced
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa in a mesh strainer under running cold water for 2-3 minutes until water is clear
- Bring water, quinoa, minced dates, and salt to a boil; reduce heat to simmer
- Cover and simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes
- Serve topped with 1 tablespoon for each serving: walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and goji berries.
- Sprinkle with each serving with 1 tablespoon coconut.
- Drizzle with 1/8 - 1/4 cup light coconut milk, if desired.
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/