Oatmeal-Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars
Snack or breakfast bar
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1193
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 142g
Saturated Fat 33g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 56g
Monounsaturated Fat 44g
Total Carbohydrates 393g
Dietary Fiber 59g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups old fashioned gluten-free raw oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic or sea salt
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a 10" square baking pan with coconut oil. Or line the bottom and sides with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup in small saucepan; heat on low, stirring occasionally until mixture bubbles.
- Whisk vanilla in to peanut butter-maple syrup mixture.
- Pour syrup mixture over the dry ingredients and quickly mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. (If desired, using the mixing blade, combine all ingredients by pulsing in your food processor.
- Pour into prepared pan, pressing mixture evenly and firmly with lightly greased spatula or use a piece of parchment paper or saran wrap on top and press with hand.
- Refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- Cut into 16 bars (4x4 in pan)
- Substitute the currants with 3/4 cup chopped cranberries
- Substitute the peanut butter with almond butter
- The breakfast bars can be refrigerated up to two weeks and will keep in the freezer for one month.
- Individually wrapped in saran wrap and stored in freezer.
- My recipe was inspired by a recipe by a fellow health coach, Jill Kane.
- They're the perfect breakfast when on the run...just grab one and grab a banana or apple, and you're off and running.
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/
GO TO YOUR FAVOURITE TOPIC:
Be sure to check your Junk or Spam folder for your confirmation email after you submit to accept your subscription. We respect your email privacy.