Pecan Crusted Pumpkin Bread
A rich, moist, and sweet spiced pumpkin bread, just a little slice of this yummy bread is perfect for afternoon tea or dessert! Great for holiday gifts!
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 20 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2713
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 316g
Saturated Fat 203g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 31g
Monounsaturated Fat 61g
Total Carbohydrates 1102g
Dietary Fiber 45g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 ½ cups granulated or coconut palm sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsulphured molasses
- 2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 eggs, unbeaten
- 4 cups Pamela’s Gluten-Free Artisan Flour Blend
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. each sea salt, ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins (loose, do not pack)
- ½ cup pure water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, molasses, coconut oil, pumpkin and eggs in bowl. Beat with electric mixer until well blended.
- In separate bowl, blend together flour, soda, salt and spices.
- Add dry flour mixture to pumpkin mixture by large spoonsful to mix evenly. When all of the flour mixture has been added and you have a smooth batter, stir the raisins and water blending until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly between two well-oiled, large loaf pans or among mini size loaf pans. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the top of batter in loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65 to 76 minutes for large pans and 45 to 50 minutes for mini loaves. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean!
- When done, set baked loaves in pans on racks to cool 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- Cool thoroughly before slicing. Cut loaf in half lengthwise and then slice crosswise into 10 cuts to make a total of 20 pieces.
- Wrap tightly in foil or saran wrap. Freezes well.
By Kat Maeda
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/
GO TO YOUR FAVOURITE TOPIC:
Be sure to check your Junk or Spam folder for your confirmation email after you submit to accept your subscription. We respect your email privacy.