Scrumptious Carrot Walnut Cake
If you're looking for a cake to satisfy your dessert-fix, this is it! Simple to make, this moist and not-too-sweet carrot cake is perfect for afternoon tea, picnics, or for after supper. Keep on hand in the freezer for those late notice company visits or to take to a meeting. Kids will love it too!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 9g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 25g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Celtic or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- In medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with whisk.
- Add coconut oil, brown sugar, and vanilla and whisk until well blended.
- By thirds, beat in dry ingredients until well blended.
- Fold in carrots and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350 degrees about 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center is clean and top springs back.
- Cool cake completely.
- Invert onto cake platter and cut into 16 even pieces (4x4).
- Lightly dust with powdered sugar through mesh strainer
- Note: check for spring in center of cake and cake is pulling away from sides of pan as toothpick test make come out clean while cake is still not done.
- To freeze: be sure cake has cooled completely. Wrap tightly in parchment paper and then slip into a freezer bag. Thaw in refrigerator and let sit out 30 minutes before serving. Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/