Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes & Basil
A delightful substitute for pasta!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 26g
Dietary Fiber 12g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 spaghetti squash, medium size
- 3 medium to large tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil chiffonade
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash lengthwise; scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Fill a roasting pan with 1" water and lay squash halves face down in water. Bake 45 - 60 minutes until squash is very soft.
- Meanwhile, cut basil chiffonade: stack leaves and roll cigar style. With a sharp knife, cut into narrow ribbons. Set aside.
- In small skillet, heat olive oil until hot on low. Chop tomatoes (or use about 1.5 cups of cherry tomatoes halved) and add with garlic to hot oil. Salute; add salt and pepper to taste.
- When squash is done, use a fork and scrape out the spaghetti squash from the shell. Divide squash between two plates. Spoon tomato mixture evenly on top of squash and top with basil.
- Serve immediately.
- GF, DF, Vegan
- If animal protein is desired, saute diced chicken breast and add to top of squash, then top with tomato mixture and basil.
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/