Strawberry Nice Cream
Delicious, easy-to-make non-dairy ice cream!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 477
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 54g
Saturated Fat 33g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrates 153g
Dietary Fiber 22g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 large bananas, sliced into 1” slices and frozen in single layer
- 1 cup fresh strawberries quartered, separated
- 2-4 Tbsp. lite coconut milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp. Grade A or B maple syrup
- Sliced strawberries for topping
- Dark chocolate to shave (optional)
- Place frozen banana slices and ½ cup strawberries in blender. Blend until smooth and consistency is that of soft ice cream.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut milk, vanilla, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth and creamy, adding additional 1-2 Tbsp. coconut milk, if needed.
- Pulse through the remaining strawberry chunks, without creaming. You want to have small chunks of strawberries in the cream.
- Transfer “ice cream” to a freezer container and freeze just until “solid” about 90 minutes.
- Note the longer you leave in freezer the more solid it gets. If it gets too firm to scoop, leave it rest on the counter to soften a little.
- Scoop with ice cream scoop into dessert dish and top with additional sliced berries and shaved or grated chocolate.
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/