Calming and soothing, delicious non-dairy turmeric milk.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 405
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 55g
Saturated Fat 43g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 37g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 1/2 cups unflavored almond milk*
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup, Grade A or Grade B
- Nutmeg to sprinkle on top.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk together briskly to blend...or add to blender and blend on low several seconds to combine.
- To serve, add desired amount, about 7-9 ounces. into a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until it simmers. Simmering brings out flavors. Pour into mug. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg and serve.
- Makes 3-4 servings. Store remainder in glass jar or bottle. Will keep well 3-4 days.
- *look for brands that do not contain carrageenan, an unnecessary additive which may not be safe as purported.
By Kat Maeda
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/
GO TO YOUR FAVOURITE TOPIC:
Be sure to check your Junk or Spam folder for your confirmation email after you submit to accept your subscription. We respect your email privacy.