Wild Arugula and Fresh Strawberry Salad
A delicious spring salad with the complementary tender, tangy flavor of arugula and sweet, fresh strawberries.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 74g
Dietary Fiber 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, tough strings removed
- 6 medium radishes, tops and bottoms trimmed - cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 large handful fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 12 medium strawberries, washed, dried and quartered or sliced depending on size
- 2 cups wild arugula
- 1 tablespoon each black and white sesame seeds, reserved
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Bragg apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 large lime
- salt and pepper to taste
In small bow
- Whisk together dressing ingredients
Prepare salad ingredients
- Wash and rinse all veggies; pat dry
- Trim strings from snap peas and cut into think julienne matchsticks
- Cut radishes into thin discs, then stack and cut into matchsticks
- Chop mint
- Slice celery
- In medium size bowl, toss snap peas and radishes together with arugula, fresh mint, celery, and pea shoots
- Add strawberries and gently toss
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well (and gently being careful not to bruise strawberries).
- Let marinade 5 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper and gently toss. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Serve on salad plates, finishing with sprinkles of sesame seeds and mint leaves
- ALWAYS choose organic strawberries as conventionally grown strawberries are always on the EWG do not eat list.
- Watermelon radishes are wonderful in this salad!
- I like to peel the back of my celery stalks to eliminate the tough strings.
- If you consume animal protein, add small chunks of sauteed, broiled, or baked organic chicken breast!
- This salad is great for entertaining your best friend for lunch. Serve with crisp bread sticks. Add a nice white wine to celebrate your friendship!
By Kat Maeda
Kat Maeda https://katmaeda.com/
GO TO YOUR FAVOURITE TOPIC:
Be sure to check your Junk or Spam folder for your confirmation email after you submit to accept your subscription. We respect your email privacy.